[dev] Revamp of MIME_Structure/IMP mime objects

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Wed, 1 May 2002 13:18:35 -0400

Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu>:

> Hoo boy, here we go.
> http://bigworm.colorado.edu/imp-patches/pgp-diffs/rfc2045.diff.txt
>
> As Chuck suggested/remarked a bit ago, MIME_Structure now returns a
> MIME_Message object.  In turn, this MIME_Message object uses MIME_Part
> objects to store each of the MIME parts.  It would make much more sense
> to look at an example...

Yar indeed. I've committed this to my copy, and with some tweaking (there
seemed to be a bit of duplication between this and an earlier patch,
causing some of the hunks to fail; I removed a bit of code from
MIME_Structure::_parse() that didn't seem relevant anymore; I also had to
add a line to support multipart/related messages), it looks good. I'll
commit it; please do look it all over and let me know if I botched
anything.

> I didn't set out to change the world :) but the old system did not appear
> workable for the PGP stuff that needs to be done.  Namely, IMAP will not
> return MIME headers for individual MIME parts :(  imap_body() strips all
> this information away.  However, when verifying signatures, all of these
> MIME headers MUST be displayed (RFC 2015).  The only way I can figure to
> do this is to download the entire MIME Part and strip off the boundary
> elements.  However, with the current system there is no way to determine
> what these boundary elements are.  The new framework provides the
> boundary elements for each and every MIME part so this should help
> immensely.

Woohoo!

Thanks very much,
-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"A dream which helps you to live your reality with dignity