[dev] Patch for LDAP Preferences storage

Jon Parise jon@horde.org
Tue, 14 May 2002 20:27:37 -0400

On Tue, May 14, 2002 at 05:02:06PM -0700, Edwin Culp wrote:

> | Try grabbing revision 1.32 of ldap.php.  That should quiet some of
> | those warnings.
> |
> | Regardless, it would appear that you haven't updated your LDAP schema
> | to support the new format.  Have a look at scripts/ldap/horde.schema
>
> Two things here.  First I am pretty sure that I hadn't killed slapd and
> restarted it the last time around but I know I have now and we now have
> a schema error in slapd.log
>
> May 14 17:52:51  slapd[45128]: conn=5 op=2 RESULT tag=103 err=17
> text=hordeprefs: attribute type undefined
>
> With this solved, I think we should be home free.  Then we will just have
> the grunt work of converting everyone's preferences.

It doesn't look like you're including the horde.schema.  Try adding a
line like this to slapd.conf:

include         /var/www/horde/scripts/ldap/horde.schema

You'll need to restart the slapd process afterward.  Then, add the
'hordePerson' objectclass to those users that will be using Horde.

> |     $conf['prefs']['params']['field'] = 'hordePrefs';
>
> Hmmm.... here I had
> $conf['prefs']['params']['pref_field'] = 'hordePrefs';
> for some unknown reason but I left them both just in case.:-)

It should just be ['field'] is correct, not ['pref_field'].

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Information Technology (2001)