[dev] Patch for LDAP Preferences storage

Edwin Culp eculp@encontacto.net
Wed, 15 May 2002 20:26:11 -0700

Quoting Jon Parise <jon@horde.org>:

| On Tue, May 14, 2002 at 07:07:02PM -0700, Edwin Culp wrote:
|
| > I'm off to try and save as many user prefs from the old system as I can
| > before upgrading my production server.  This should be interesting:-)
| > Hopefully I can script some of it.
|
| Great, please let me know if you encounter any issues.  I'd like to
| merge this new LDAP preferences system into the stable release tree so
| as to eliminate as much deviation between the branches as possible.

Jon,

I don't believe this. It is so bazaar.   Everything seemed to be working
and it is until you log off and log back on.  This is head of maybe 20
minutes ago just in case something had been fixed.

I login with no pref's.  I set a new theme.  An ldapsearch shows the new set
prefs.  I log off and do an ldapsearch and the new prefs are still there.
as the following shows.

virtualdomainuser: edwin
hordePrefs: theme:cherry
hordePrefs: sortby:1
hordePrefs: sortdir:0
hordePrefs: max_msgs:20
hordePrefs: num_words:3
hordePrefs: nav_expanded:0
hordePrefs: show_legend:1
hordePrefs: highlight_text:1
hordePrefs: dim_signature:1
hordePrefs: attachment_display:list
hordePrefs: last_login:1021521756

I log back in and as you can see the only thing left is the last_login????

virtualdomainuser: edwin
hordePrefs: last_login:1021521894

At this point, I feel like I'm hallucinating:-(  How could they be saved
during the session, logout and they are still in the directory, then just
login, nothing more, to the horde page and they are gone in the directory.
I could understand an error reading them and their not being enabled,
but their being eliminated in the ldap directory before a change or logout?
How does last_login survive?  Interesting to say the least.:-)

Could I have a legacy configuration issue that could cause this?  I can't
imagine what it would be.

ed

 http://insourcery.com - Mergence of Business and Technology
          a "Griffin Plaza Partners, LLC" Company