[dev] LDAP preferences scope

Jon Parise jon@horde.org
Fri, 17 May 2002 19:43:21 -0400

I'm trying to decide on the optimal implementation of preference scope
for the LDAP preferences driver.  Here are my two ideas:

1.  Alter the current storage format from pref:value to
    pref:scope:value, and continue hanging all of the preferences off
    of a common hordePrefs attribute.

2.  Retain the pref:value format and use a separate LDAP attribute
    (e.g. hordePrefs, impPrefs, turbaPrefs, ...) for each scope.

The first method should work well at the expense of breaking the LDAP
preference storage format once again (sorry Ed!).  The second method
allows for a better division of each applications preferences.

Discuss.

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Information Technology (2001)