[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: imp compose.php imp/lib Folder.php

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Tue, 21 May 2002 23:27:30 -0400

Quoting Jan Schneider <jan@horde.org>:

> Don't you find it inconsistent and unintuitive for users of these class
> if some methods take the folder argument encoded and some decoded. This
> is definitely a source of confusion that would leed to more discussions
> like this in the future.

I guess I can see this. I think we should add IMP_Folder::encode() and
IMP_Folder::decode(), for completeness, and stipulate that folder names
passed to IMP_Folder::create() must already be encoded, or must be passed
through IMP_Folder::encode() first. I can live with that approach. That
does mean we need to change every occurrence of IMP_Folder::create() in
the code (and the same should go for IMP_Folder::exists()).

Sorry for the confusion/back and forth, Jan. If you have time to do this,
great; otherwise bug me and I'll get to it eventually (going back to
Boston from Pennsylvania in a few days).

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
My intuitive grasp of mathmatics often leads me astray.