[dev] Fetch Mail for IMP

Wed, 22 May 2002 14:37:28 -0500

Quoting Nuno Loureiro <nuno@co.eth.pt>:

>    I began to work in a fetch mail option that relies on Horde
> Preferences system.

I am also working on one.  Yours looks much better than mime, from your
screen shots.

>    You can check more about my idea and see some screen shots at
> http://hq.eth.pt/nuno/horde/fetchmail/ . It's actually almost
> implemented. It's already functional and it needs only some code
> cleaning and adjustments.
>
>    I just like to hear opinions and comments about it. Anyone?

First, I don't like the idea of storing passwords.  I know, every user
will want this.  I don't like it.  I wouldn't put it in the code.

Second, rather than just a text box for the file to save the messages
in, I'd rather see it query IMP for a list of available folders, and
present that as a selection list.  Of course, if a folder was set in
the preferences, that should be the default folder.  But I'd rather select
a folder from a list than have to type it in (too many chances for typos,
etc).

Your work looks great, much better than mine.  I look forward to the
release of your code!

--
Eric Rostetter
eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu

Hey Rocky!  Watch me pull a rabbit from my hat!