[dev] Fetchmail for IMP

Nuno Loureiro nuno@co.eth.pt
Sun, 26 May 2002 18:59:48 +0100

Quoting Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu>:

} Quoting Jan Schneider <jan@horde.org>:
}
} > OK, committed. I'd still prefer (as I told you in IRC) if the fetchmail
} > window wasn't a popup because that's not necessary here.
} > But it's still a cool feature! Thanks for your work!
}
} *Scratching head due to bad memory*
}
} Wasn't/Isn't it an option in IMP for the compose window to either
} open as a popup or in the main frame?  And if so, couldn't we do
} something like this for fetchmail also?  So then the admin doing
} the install could choose if it was a popup or not?
}
} Just wondering if this is a reasonable solution or not?  Would obviously
} take some coding, but might be worth it...

I think it is. I thought about it before...
I just left it off for the first release because I'm not sure where to put that
preference.

The compose window in another window is a preference of "Message Composition"
and makes sense. Fetchmail Preferences are about accounts, so such preference
doesn't fit well there. According to my TODO list, that has features requested
by people here, that is the only option that doesn't fit well in fetchmail
prefs, so I think that makes no sense either to have a separate section for that.

Maybe it fits well in "Display Options", no? What do people think?

Regards,

  Nuno

} --
} Eric Rostetter
} eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu
}
} Hey Rocky!  Watch me pull a rabbit from my hat!
}

--
Nuno Loureiro <nuno@eth.pt>
Ethernet, Soluções Informáticas, LDA