[dev] available api authentication routines?

Thu, 30 May 2002 17:21:44 -0500

Two somewhat related questions:

1) Is there any Horde or Horde component API call that will return a username
*and* password for the current user?  (Say, can I query IMP or Gollem to get
the authentication username/password for the current session)  Yes, I do
understand why allowing such a call would be dangerous...  But I still want
to know if there is one (or are any plans for one) or not.

2) Is there any Horde/component API call that will verify a username/password
combination without actually creating a login session?  So if I have some
username/password combination, can I test them to see if they are correct
via some supported call?

These questions arise due to two common complaints in the modules I
maintain. (Why can't we see the current values without entering a password,
and why can't you tell us before making a connection if the password is
correct?)

--
Eric Rostetter
Eric.Rostetter@physics.utexas.edu