[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: horde/config mime_drivers.php.dist horde/docs CHANGES horde/lib/MIME/Viewer tnef.php

Jan Schneider jan@horde.org
Tue, 4 Jun 2002 23:30:29 +0200

Zitat von Michael M Slusarz <slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu>:

> | > Anyway, as a sidenote, I already thought about _not_ to implement it
> as
> | > mime viewer but put the code directly into lib/Message.php or where
> it
> | > would fit best. That is because the tnef format is rather a format
> | > competing with mime/multipart than an attachment encoding. It can
> | contain
> | > message text, attachments, signatures, ...
> |
> | Hmmm. I'm waffling on this one. Other thoughts? I guess I really don't
> | think it should go into lib/Message.php, but it could potentially be
> | included there when necessary.... (along with a uudecode driver,
> maybe?).
>
> I don't agree with putting it into lib/Message.php - I would much rather
> see it remain a MIME_Viewer.  My goal is to move _all_ code that handles
> specific MIME Part into a MIME Viewer.  The whole purpose of a MIME
> Viewer,
> in my eyes, is that you should be able to pass an entire part into it and
> get back rendered text.  That is why I am going to move all 'multipart'
> handling stuff in imp/message.php to its own MIME Viewer.  All
> message.php
> should be doing is determining whether a part will be displayed inline or
> as an attachment - all logic concerning what exactly needs to be shown of
> each part should be handled in the MIME Viewers.
>
> Back on subject - at this point ms-tnef is not (I believe) a viable
> substitute for MIME.  I hope that it never will be.  It makes more sense
> fold it into the current MIME framework than try to restructure it.

TNEF isn't a substitute at all for mime, but that's how MS likes it to be. I
have no problem with the tnef viewer being implemented as a mime driver as I
recieve those attachments very rarely anyway. I just wanted to point out
that this is the way, tnef is intended.

Jan.