[dev] available api authentication routines?

Tue, 4 Jun 2002 17:14:43 -0500

> Quoting Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu>:
>
> > It would seem to be a good idea to me.  There are still issues, but
> > it might provide some functionality for my passwd module...
>
> And maybe for other things, too. I've just committed some cleanup to the
> Auth API that lets you do this. Let me know what you think?

When I find the time, I'll check it out.

> > What is the possible place for them?  I'd like to see also maybe an
> > "example code usage" section added as needed.  Want to work together a
> > bit on getting this started?  I'm not saying I'd be willing or able to
> > provide details for all the api calls.  But we could start piecemeal as
> > long as we have a standard way of doing it.
>
> Info about parameters - what is valid as a credential, for example - should
> go into the API docs.

I agree, and would love to see that done ;)

> More things - like example code usage - could be done
> as Orator presentations. Take a look at http://www.horde.org/orator/; maybe
> we can start a few presentations, one for each API, with examples, how to
> use it, etc. How's that sound?

I'd rather have some simple examples in the API documents still, but I can
live without that and provide them elsewhere (orator)...

I suppose I'll have to install Orator and start playing with it.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

harmless among the rank and file, but when management is afflicted the damage