[dev] nag add task failure

Fri, 7 Jun 2002 19:12:21 -0500

Several people have reported problems with the CVS HEAD nag code not
creating new tasks, but the older CVS RELENG_1 versions workings.
I thought I'd add to the list of reports since I haven't seen an answer.

I tested this with CVS HEAD code from about 5 days ago, and with the CVS
RELENG_1 last updated about 71 days ago ;)

The CVS RELENG_1 works fine.  No errors, everything works, etc.

The CVS HEAD from 5 days old works fine except for adding tasks.
The notification error from nag after pressing the "Save Task" button is
"There was a problem saving the task" and then below that on the screen
a line which reads "The requested task does not exist."  In the postgresql
error log I see only (once for each time I try to add a task)
"ERROR:  ExecAppend: Fail to add null value in not null attribute task_added"

There are no php or horde errors (that I can find) other than the horde/nag
messages above.

I'll try to dig into this more but I'm pressed for time.

The non-working version is with Horde CVS HEAD (5 days old), nag CVS HEAD
(5 days old), postgresql 7.1-1 as the backend, and php 4.1.2.  I've seen
this problem in CVS HEAD for at least a month or two now -- it is not a
real recent problem.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

harmless among the rank and file, but when management is afflicted the damage