[dev] Patch for Zip and Rar Mime Viewers

Michael M Slusarz slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu
Sat, 15 Jun 2002 19:37:17 -0600

| Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu>:
|
| > I like being able to exactly control the information obtained via the
| PHP
| > code.  That was why I was planning to nuke the external program,
| > especially if mike's code can successfully read all gzip/tar/zip files.
| > This was the same decision I made with the TNEF stuff - since Jan
| > implemented it more or less directly from the source code of the
| external
| > viewer, there was no need to support the external viewer anymore.
|
| Sounds good to me.
|
| > Additionally, I was thinking about possibly adding support to extract
| > individual files if PHP was built with --with-zip and/or zlib support.
| > This would not be a mandatory requirement for Horde/IMP; more of a "if
| > you have it, might as well use it" thing.
|
| Sure! And a lot of users will already have zlib for the HTTP compression,
| so a lot of people will see it. That'd be great. :)

The new ZIP MIME_Viewer has been added to HEAD - I'll do the other two
later.  The zip extraction code will appear in an IMP specific MIME_Viewer -
 thus the reason I abstracted Mike's render() code in his patch to several
different functions in MIME_Viewer_zip::.

michael

Michael Slusarz [slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu]
The University of Colorado at Boulder