[dev] Patch for Zip and Rar Mime Viewers

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Sat, 15 Jun 2002 19:52:58 -0400

Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu>:

> I like being able to exactly control the information obtained via the PHP
> code.  That was why I was planning to nuke the external program,
> especially if mike's code can successfully read all gzip/tar/zip files.
> This was the same decision I made with the TNEF stuff - since Jan
> implemented it more or less directly from the source code of the external
> viewer, there was no need to support the external viewer anymore.

Sounds good to me.

> Additionally, I was thinking about possibly adding support to extract
> individual files if PHP was built with --with-zip and/or zlib support.
> This would not be a mandatory requirement for Horde/IMP; more of a "if
> you have it, might as well use it" thing.

Sure! And a lot of users will already have zlib for the HTTP compression,
so a lot of people will see it. That'd be great. :)

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"What was and what may be, lie, like children whose faces we cannot see, in