[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: lots of stuff

Michael M Slusarz slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 21:15:22 -0600

Quoting Jan Schneider <jan@horde.org>:

| Zitat von Michael M Slusarz <slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu>:
|
| >   Log:
| >   The Lang:: class has been renamed to NLS:: (National Language
| Support).
| >   Timezone manipulation/setting has been moved into this class.

I was under the impression that this (the NLS stuff) isn't really something
that should be merged since it isn't backward portable.  Is that a mistaken
conclusion?  I think this is more of a reorganization of the code - should
this be avoided in the future if it would make it difficult to reconcile
HEAD and RELENG?  I understand the need to update and maintaint the old
code, but it seems like there is always that tradeoff with continuing to
develop the new codebase.

Comments on this?

michael

Michael Slusarz [slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu]