[dev] Multiple SQL Server Support

James james@james-web.net
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 01:13:58 -0400

Idea:
Redundant SQL Server Support.  If the 'primary' SQL server can't be
contacted, Horde and whatever configured applications switches over to a
'secondary' SQL server.  This would probably require a redo of a lot of
.conf files, and some work inside of the core horde classes.

But I think it's a large benefit as it provides failover survivability
in case one SQL server is hit by a meteor or something.

I'm currently utilizing this in non-Horde related in-house application,
and was wonder your thoughts on its feasability inside of Horde.  Would
this be a easy to moderate project, or a major to impossible project?

- James, fiendishly planning