site management / Re: [dev] sork modules and Horde

Jason Hines jch@eyeintegrated.com
Fri, 28 Jun 2002 13:22:53 -0400

Edwin Culp wrote:

> Quoting Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu>:
>
>  | Quoting Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck@horde.org>:
> <SNIP>
>  | > At least, without some better site-management software. But that's an
>  | > _entirely_ different ballgame. =)
>  | Agreed.
>
> PHPWeblog, that Jason Hines has started porting to Horde, could be the start
> or something in that direction.  I have used phpweblog for site/content
> management for a couple of years, by making a few very minor changes to the
> blog focus.  It helps keep daily web-site maintenance a simple and
> distributable process.

phpWebLog has a lot of site-management capabilities built into its 'site
administration' area. This is probably the only concern I would have
into porting phpWebLog into the Horde framework.

There is a distinct seperation of "site management control" and
"news/blog" elements within phpWebLog that would need to be better
defined before a port could be done.

For instance, in phpWebLog, an admin can change the site's name in the
administration area.  However, in Horde..  you wouldn't necessarily want
the "news/blog" module to give the admin that kind of control.

jason