site management / Re: [dev] sork modules and Horde

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Fri, 28 Jun 2002 18:55:12 -0400

Quoting Jason Hines <jch@eyeintegrated.com>:

> phpWebLog has a lot of site-management capabilities built into its 'site
> administration' area. This is probably the only concern I would have
> into porting phpWebLog into the Horde framework.
>
> There is a distinct seperation of "site management control" and
> "news/blog" elements within phpWebLog that would need to be better
> defined before a port could be done.
>
> For instance, in phpWebLog, an admin can change the site's name in the
> administration area.  However, in Horde..  you wouldn't necessarily want
> the "news/blog" module to give the admin that kind of control.

It sounds like there are possibly two modules - a news/blog Horde module,
and a more general Horde site admin module. I know that both of these would
be very useful to me, and I'm definitely willing to help out with both in
terms of development time (limited, but what I can), answering questions,
getting CVS set up, etc.

What stages are you in? Still looking at whether to do this? Or starting to
move ahead?

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>