[dev] Delete & Purge

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Sun, 30 Jun 2002 17:39:35 -0400

Quoting Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu>:

> So, I still think your original idea is best (a preference option to
> make delete be delete&purge, with removal of the other options from
> the menu if it is selected).  This is absolutely the best way to do it
> discussed so far.  BUT it has one drawback -- my novice users almost
> never even venture into the options/preferences area.  They use the
> defaults, and never explore to see if they can change things.  So putting
> this in the options would perhaps not accomplish much, unless the
> installer then made it the default.  Expert users are more likely to
> cruise the options and change things, so this may work...

Shipping with delete & purge enabled by default is going to cause a _lot_
of people to lose a _lot_ of mail.

I'm really not so fond of the whole idea - why don't you turn on
hide_deleted by default, or use a trash folder, and purge their messages
for them?

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>