[dev] modification of Auth::getLoginScreen()

David Ulevitch davidu@everydns.net
Sun, 30 Jun 2002 19:19:44 -0700 (PDT)

Hi developers,

I was wondering if it would be possible to modify Auth::getLoginScreen()
on line 303 as follows:

FROM:
return Horde::url(
$GLOBALS['registry']->getParam('webroot', 'horde')
.. '/login.php', true);
TO:
return Horde::url(
$GLOBALS['registry']->getParam('webroot', $GLOBALS['registry']->getApp())
.. '/login.php', true);

[Note: I broke up the line so it would read better]

This modification allows someone who is not using the entire Horde
framework and who has implemented their own login.php to use that.

This modification could break existing apps which do not have a login.php
and so perhaps it should not be implemented as such, but modified to check
for a login.php or similar.

However, I am all ears as to a way I can override getLoginScreen without
having to extend Auth_sql (I do not want to add a file to $HORDE/lib/Auth)
which would make this patch moot.

Thanks,
David Ulevitch

--
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful citizens can change the
world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." --Margaret Mead