[dev] Delete & Purge

Wed, 3 Jul 2002 14:01:08 -0500

Quoting Federico Giannici <giannici@neomedia.it>:

> In fact I came to the conclusion that the best solution is to show all
> the commands to the users, help them understand how they work and make
> them find the commands they prefer.

I can live with that.

> So, I groupped together all delete-related commands, rearranged the
> order of the commands and added a "delete & purge" command. Here is an
> image:
>
>      http://www.neomedia.it/horde/deletepurge2.png

I still don't like blacklist being where it is.  It really needs
to be moved back with the others (leaving nothing to the right
side) since it works with the checkbox on the left side, and
hence needs to be on the left side.

Otherwise I can live with it, but I'd still prefer a slightly
different order to them, maybe:

delete|delete&purge|purge deleted|hide deleted|undelete|blacklist

> I showed the changes to a few not-so-novice users and everybody
> appreciated them, particularly the new "purge & delete" command...

I think the blacklist is still an issue though.

Anyway, my $0.03 on the subject.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

harmless among the rank and file, but when management is afflicted the damage