[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: ...

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 14:15:34 -0400

Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu>:

> Actually, I wasn't quite sure exactly why we had the "don't compress if
> using mozilla and printing" in there - I decided to just turn off
> compression completely for printing and made a note to myself to
> investigate further.  If it is just NS4 that is broken, is there a need
> to prevent all mozilla-type browsers from compression?

No, just NS4 (and probably below). NS4 doesn't bother decompressing a page
before sending it to the printer, resulting in some beautiful garbage.

> did i sell you on the idea?

Sure. But maybe the IMP::compressOutput() function should actually move to
Horde, so that all of our apps can be encouraged in this way? :)

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>