[dev] Setting session timeout in Horde Framework

Matthew Dunham dunham@ic.ucsb.edu
Mon, 08 Jul 2002 10:00:36 -0700

Jan Schneider wrote:
> Zitat von Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck@horde.org>:
>>You set it in php - http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.session.php
>>
>>However, this confuses enough people, should we just provide settings
>>that
>>people can use in Horde, and call the appropriate functions before
>>session_start()?
>

> Yes, makes sense to me, as we already set things like session name and
> cookie path in our configuration. Perhaps we should also move the cookie
> parameters to horde.php so that we have all session related stuff in one file.

if you do end up doing this, could you make sure to add a custom hook
for those of us using "user" session handling rather than the php
default of "files". currently i've gotta include my homegrown mysql
session handler as a require_once in Horde.php. i'd be nice to have this
taken care of in a config file.