[dev] How do I create my own apps?

Thu, 11 Jul 2002 11:01:20 -0500

Quoting Tarjei Huse <tarjei+a_lists.phpgw@nu.no>:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to make a small app that does two things:

Doesn't sound like an "app" to me...

> 1. Displays a listing on the frontpage when the user has logged inn
> (i.e. when the screen is empty and all the user sees is mail (11) or
> something.

Just put the links in horde/config/motd.php

> 2. If the user follows the links, he/she should be able to read an
> article on another page.

That's normally what links do ;)

> reason: I want to be able to display different helpfull texts etc on the
> loginpage.

Login page? Or first page after login?

I use IMP for Horde authentication.  I put stuff to be displayed on the
login page in horde/imp/config/motd.php and stuff to display on the first
page after login in horde/config/motd.php and it works well.  This is in
fact our departmental portal site, and the horde/config/motd.php contains
links to university and departmental links, as well as the usual other cruft
(weather, news, sports, etc).

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

harmless among the rank and file, but when management is afflicted the damage