[dev] ALLOWTCPIP with postgres ?

Yannick Lecaillez yl@seasonfive.com
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 18:34:34 +0200

Hello,

    Is somebody can explain to me why it's mandatory to allow postgres to have
connection from TCP/IP ? I think it's a security problem (okay it's possible
to allow just connection from 127.0.0.1, but it's slower than unix sockets,
isn't it ? And in fact, it feel like a big hack).
    And if it's possible, tell me where i have to look for modify this "feature" ?
    In fact i really don't understand why its mandatory for Horde ...

                                                          Thanks a lot !