[dev] ALLOWTCPIP with postgres ?

Mon, 15 Jul 2002 13:16:04 -0500

Quoting Yannick Lecaillez <yl@seasonfive.com>:

>     Is somebody can explain to me why it's mandatory to allow postgres to
> have
> connection from TCP/IP ?

There is no such requirement AFAIK.

>I think it's a security problem (okay it's possible
> to allow just connection from 127.0.0.1, but it's slower than unix sockets,
> isn't it ? And in fact, it feel like a big hack).

Then use unix sockets, should work AFAIK.

>     And if it's possible, tell me where i have to look for modify this
> "feature" ?

In horde/config/horde.php (or in newest CVS in horde/config/conf.php)

Change/add 'protocol' as appropriate ('unix' for unix sockets, 'tcp'
for tcp/ip, etc).  I think you may also need to set a 'socket'
parameter.  Not sure.

>     In fact i really don't understand why its mandatory for Horde ...

AFAIK, it isn't.  What makes you think it is?

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

harmless among the rank and file, but when management is afflicted the damage