[dev] Sessions expires

Federico Giannici giannici@neomedia.it
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 08:58:23 +0000

Sometimes it happens that when an user try to send a message the session
is closed and the user is sent to the login page.

I cannot understand why it happens as cookies have timeout 0...

The Horde FAQ, on question 5.3.9, says:

   If it is happening too soon to be a timeout, you may have used the
   file php.ini-optimized from the PHP distribution to configure PHP.
   Using the php.ini-dist file instead of php.ini-optimized will
   prevent the erratic logouts.

First of all, please note that in the last PHP releases the
"php.ini-optimized" file has been replaced by "php.ini-recommended".

I'm using an almost php.ini-recommended configuration. Anyway, I
couldn't find any difference in the two configurations that is related
to sessions.

Can someone tell me what is the specific difference that can cause the
session timeout problem?

Thanks,
    __
   |-                      giannici@neomedia.it