[dev] PGP problems

Jan Schneider jan@horde.org
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 23:48:49 +0200

Zitat von Michael M Slusarz <slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu>:

> Quoting Jan Schneider <jan@horde.org>:
>
> | I used the PGP functions for the first time and discovered to problems:
> |
> | 1) The passphrase window doesn't open in Mozilla and I get a "name has
> no
> | properties" javascript error. The line that comes with this error
> doesn't
> | have a reference to "name" though.
>
> Do you have popup windows disabled for Mozilla?  I'm using mozilla right
> now (Mozilla/5.0; X11; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.0.0) with absolutely no
> problems.

Partly. I disabled "Open unrequested windows". I guess Mozilla treats only
"javascript:window.open()" links as requested so that would explain why it
doesn't work. Does anybody know more about this feature of Mozilla?

> | 3) The passphrase window doesn't give a hint that you need to
> | sign/encrypt the message again after you provided the passphrase.
>
> I can make this happen automatically if this would be a desired behavior.

It should act like the "read encrypted message" link. You tick the button to
sign/encrypt a message. If you click "Send" and there's no passphrase in the
session you get the popup window requesting the passphrase. If you entered
the passphrase the message gets automatically sent.

Jan.