[dev] PGP problems

Max Kalika max@lsit.ucsb.edu
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 16:50:32 -0700

Quoting Jan Schneider <jan@horde.org>:

> Partly. I disabled "Open unrequested windows". I guess Mozilla treats only
> "javascript:window.open()" links as requested so that would explain why it
> doesn't work. Does anybody know more about this feature of Mozilla?

A while back I went through all of Horde code and changed any instance of
href="javascript:..." to "href=''" onclick="...; return false;".  I think
this is documented in CODING_STANDARDS.  The reason was that some browsers
(IE?) complained that clicking on href="javascript:" links in SSL mode was
unsafe.  I wonder if mozilla would be happier opening new windows if they
came from onclick= events rather than from href.

---max kalika
--max@lsit.ucsb.edu
-lsit systems administrator