[dev] Sessions expires

Federico Giannici giannici@neomedia.it
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 10:25:43 +0000

Eric Rostetter wrote:

> Quoting Federico Giannici <giannici@neomedia.it>:
>
> > Sometimes it happens that when an user try to send a message the session
> > is closed and the user is sent to the login page.
> >
> > I cannot understand why it happens as cookies have timeout 0...
>
> Check your garbage collection settings in PHP4.  Garbage collection
> can "clean" out the session, causing the same problem.

The problem still happens, occasionally but happens!

I have verified that cookies have timeout 0, and I have raised the
"session.gc_maxlifetime" value to 3600.

I'm sure that the problem happens before an our of inactivity (even
after a few minutes). The client PC clock is correct.

Sessions use the standard "file" method.

Please note that in our installation by default the compose windows does
NOT open a new pop-up window.

The problem is really annoying (the composed mail is irremediably
lost!), so I have to absolutely solve it!
But I have no idea how I can debug it...
Any suggestion?

Thanks,
    __
   |-                      giannici@neomedia.it