[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: turba/docs CHANGESturba/graphicsmap.gifturba/templates/display display.inc

Thu, 25 Jul 2002 14:21:24 -0500

> > Do you think that is not imaginable to modify the Turba DB and break the
> > address field in separate specific fields (address, more address, zip
> > code, city, state, nation)?
>
> I can see doing it - how many people would kick and scream at such a change?

I'm okay as long as we do it in a locale friendly way.  For instance, use
while city is fine everywhere (even those in towns, villages, etc) can
understand it, zip code isn't (Postal code, zip code, nothing, etc).  Even
worse is state (province, state, region, nothing, etc).  So we need to some
up with some good labels, that are locale friendly.  Something like

Street address
postal box
city
region
postal code
country

I think there is an rfc about this stuff, but I don't think it is really
very well localized either.

Otherwise, I like the idea.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

harmless among the rank and file, but when management is afflicted the damage