[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: turba/docsCHANGESturba/graphicsmap.gifturba/templates/display display.inc

Federico Giannici giannici@neomedia.it
Sat, 27 Jul 2002 14:20:26 +0000

Eric Rostetter wrote:

> Quoting Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck@horde.org>:
>
> > > Do you think that is not imaginable to modify the Turba DB and break the
> > > address field in separate specific fields (address, more address, zip
> > > code, city, state, nation)?
> >
> > I can see doing it - how many people would kick and scream at such a change?
>
> I'm okay as long as we do it in a locale friendly way.  For instance, use
> while city is fine everywhere (even those in towns, villages, etc) can
> understand it, zip code isn't (Postal code, zip code, nothing, etc).  Even
> worse is state (province, state, region, nothing, etc).  So we need to some
> up with some good labels, that are locale friendly.  Something like
>
> Street address
> postal box
> city
> region
> postal code
> country

Doesn't "postal box" substitute the "street address"?

Moreover, it could be useful to add a second "street address" field...

Bye,
    __
   |-                      giannici@neomedia.it