[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: chora/templates/menu menu.inc

Thu, 8 Aug 2002 08:36:38 -0500

> Quoting Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu>:
>
> >   Log:
> >   * Probably want to specify the frame still...
>
> Actually, I'm curious why Chora has its own logout link at all?
>
> -chuck

I knew someone would raise that point ;)  And it is a good question.

Probably doesn't *need* it, since logout is in the Horde menu bar at the
bottom, and it is unlikely that people will install Horde/Chora
such that the Horde menu bar isn't there by default (as they might do
with IMP for example).

But, sometimes the frame manages to disappear (when opening new windows,
etc).  And often the user just looks at the top menu for logout, rather than
the bottom menu (in particular if they user Horde, IMP, and chora, and
nothing else, since both Horde and IMP do have a top logout buttons).

And last, I just have this tendency to duplicate things in the application
menu like logout.  This is probably due to the above reasons (Horde/IMP
does it, frames sometimes disappear, user's like to look at the top).

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

harmless among the rank and file, but when management is afflicted the damage