[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: chora/templates/menu menu.inc

Fri, 9 Aug 2002 11:41:02 -0500

> Quoting Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu>:
>
> > And last, I just have this tendency to duplicate things in the application
>
> > menu like logout.  This is probably due to the above reasons (Horde/IMP
> > does it, frames sometimes disappear, user's like to look at the top).
>
> The only apps which have their own logout links are IMP and Gollem, which
> can actually use different authentication credentials than you're using for
> Horde, ... and now Chora, which doesn't provide or use extra authentication
> of any kind. I'd point to the fact that all the other apps don't use it, for
> consistency.
>
> -chuck

Okay, I'll remove it from Chora.  But also note it is in, and should
remain in, passwd.  Once you change your password, then the Horde et al
passwords (cached/stored) will be out of sync with reality.  So the
normal process is change the password, logout, login again.  Hence the
desire for a logout link in passwd.

I may have also stuck one in vacation/forwards, but if so I'll remove them
also.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

harmless among the rank and file, but when management is afflicted the damage