[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: klutz/lib Comic.php klutz/lib/Comic bysize.phpdirect.phpsearch.php

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 00:11:04 -0400

Quoting "Marcus I. Ryan" <marcus@riboflavin.net>:

> I did it this way mostly because that's how I did it in the PERL
> version.  It also feels a little cleaner to me.  It feels more natural
> to me to think of sun_url as the sunday URL setting than it does to
> think about $comics['shoe']['overrides']['sunday']['url']...
> Then again, this method puts more burden on the administrator to
> configure it right and thus reduces processing time.  *shrug*
>
> Other opinions on the matter? (user friendly vs. faster)?

Personally, I think it's clearer to use an overrides array, to be explicit
about the fact that you're overriding default behavior. 'sun_url' might be
descriptive in a narrow context, but is pretty vague in a larger context.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>