[dev] Horde Shared Ressource API

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 22:02:14 -0400

Quoting Joel Vandal <jvandal@subi.to>:

> On last weeks, I've talk about a patch for shared calendar with
> Kronolith.  I have rewrite/restructure major part of my code and create a
> new class/API for Horde. I named it Share::
>
> With this classe you can add shared ressources support on any Horde
> modules. You have only to add some require_once and hasPermission call.
>
> All shared information are saved in a SQL database (future release will
> include other backend).

This is starting to look quite interesting and useful. I'm curious, though,
what exactly is stored in the SQL backend? As opposed to, say, the calendar
or the VFS partition, and the permissions...

> I have also begin some work on lib/VFSBrowser.php (check the browse
> function on my demo... gollem -> Options -> Share -> Browse)

Great; I got distracted when I started this a while ago. There are a bunch
of things it'd be useful for.

> Finally, I will try it with a clean gollem version but using the file VFS
> backend, it's possible to use : manage.php?dir=../../../ to go out of the
> vfsroot directory and go in /etc /tmp etc.  .
>
> Here is a preliminary patch for gollem/lib/Gollem.php that only go to the
> [Home] folder if the dir parameter contain .. (dot dot)...

Committed, thanks.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>