[dev] Horde Shared Ressource API

Joel Vandal jvandal@subi.to
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 23:08:19 -0400

> > All shared information are saved in a SQL database (future release will
> > include other backend).
>
> This is starting to look quite interesting and useful. I'm curious,
though,
> what exactly is stored in the SQL backend? As opposed to, say, the
calendar
> or the VFS partition, and the permissions...

I have a SQL database horde_shares that contain :

share_id              :    Unique key that identify the share ressource (MD5
key)
owner_id            :    The owner name of the ressource  (Auth::getAuth)
share_app          :     The name of the application ($registry->getApp)
share_name        :     The share name
share_type         :      The type of ressources (private, shared, public,
etc...)

All permissions information use Perms:: (and in future, users will be able
to create Groups and I will use the Groups:: API)

All other information (VFS, Calendar, permission) use there own backend
(i.e. Kronolith can use SQL or MCAL, Gollem can use SQL, VFS and in future
the FTP VFS) and require no or few modification on these backend (for
Kronolith, I have to create delete calendar function, etc..)

My "patch/addon" need more cleanup and I have a few part that need rewrite.

--
Joel Vandal