[dev] user categories

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 09:36:31 -0400

Quoting Jan Schneider <jan@horde.org>:

> I don't think it makes much sense to have user defined categories
> seperately for each application. They should be shared by all
> applications.

My only point the other way is that Palm doesn't do it, and in general I
can see that you would have categories of ToDo items that you don't have
of, say, addresses or memos.

> The second solution that makes more sense to me but is more work to
> implement, would be to use Horde's category backend instead of making
> seperate ones for each application.

This only makes sense to me if we figure out ways to allow categories
containing categories - the Category:: API might be better named
Hierarchical:: or some such.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>