[dev] Share Class for Horde + Kronolith Patch

Joel Vandal jvandal@subi.to
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 23:26:16 -0400

> FYI, this one I'm curious about - how are shares in Gollem stored?
> Subdirectories of an existing backend?
>
> -chuck

Currently, the share support only work with the file vfs backend but I have
rought code for sql and musql backend.. (I hope that I will have more time
to test it on others backends during the next day).

If using the file backend, when open a share, the application do ...

  1. check who is the owner ;
  2. read prefs (getPrefs) for share setting ;
  3. get the path name and set the new 'vfsroot';

I have an idea for how to make it available with the FTP backend but will
require that the user specify the username and password on the "Share folder
management option" for the FTP account.

--
Joel Vandal
Infoteck Internet