[dev] Thoughts on Calendar

David U. davidu@everydns.net
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 09:33:44 -0500

Hey guys,

Cool stuff on the calendar in the last 36 hours or so.

One thought that crossed my mind --  Does it make more sense to make
individual events public/private/shared?

I can think of pros and cons for both ways.  So I was thinking of a couple
things:

1) Allowing a calendar to be set to default to private/public/shared which
would just effect the default for an event and if the calendar showed up in
another user's list. (if public, for instance)

2) Allowing an event to override a calendar and be public/private/shared.

3) When one has multiple calendars, having a way to view a merged calendar.
Like if I have three calendars I'd like to be able to view the month view
with all three calendar's events on it.

Any comments?

-davidu
--
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful citizens can change the
world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." --Margaret Mead