[dev] Accessiblity Keys

Scott Carr scarr@progbits.com
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 09:50:56 -0500

With a Anchor, Input, or various other tags, you can put an accesskey property.
 Like:

'<a href="blah" accesskey="C">This Text</a>'

This would tell the browser that you want an Access Key on this link.  If a user
hits <meta>+C while that page with that link is up in his/her browser, the
browser will run that link as if it had been clicked on.  NOTE:  On windows,
believe.

This is definately a good feature for the most used items on a Horde screen.
Like in IMP:

*  Compose = <META>+C
*  Expand Names = <META>+X
*  Inbox = <META>+I

EXAMPLE:  A user types Wood J and Chuck H in the To Field.  Instead of removing
the fingers from the keyboard to use the mouse to click the link for Expand
Names, they can just type ALT+X.

The only ones I have implemented in my imp so far is for Compose and Expand
Names at the moment.

Have fun...
--
Scott Carr