[dev] summary page with non-show modules?

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 14:31:33 -0400

Quoting Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu>:

> Basically, you ship all the apps in registry.php, but "disabled" via
> things like show == false.  So they won't get used if not installed, etc.
> This seems like a decent way of doing things (no more "uncomment the
> entries and hope you don't make any mistakes doing so").

Well, show='false' isn't intended to be disabling; I still have on my todo
list an 'active' parameter that, if set to false, would completely remove
the app from existance - methods not found, not in lists, etc.

'show' should only control whether or not it's in the menu.

> Basically I have a "module" called "news" with a display name of "News &
> Information" that shows up on the menu bar.  This is the same concept as
> my "accounts" module that provides an interface to the various sork
> modules.  In this case, "news" provides a single icon for troll, jonah,
> klutz, etc.  So I have news set to show == true, and the others (troll,
> jonah, etc) set to show == false.  But because of this, jonah (and
> anything else with show == flase and an API) wouldn't show up in my
> summary screen (which would normally be desired for show == false, just
> not in my case).

This sounds reasonable to me....

-chuck

--