[dev] IMP vinfo hook and imp/conf/hooks.php

Edwin Culp eculp@encontacto.net
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 14:24:41 -0700

Now that I am bringing up a clean horde system free from many months of
hacks, work-arounds and general legacy garbage, I find that I am confused
about how to get with vinfo hook to work without just copying it to the
bottom of the new dynamically generated conf.php file, which works fine:-)
It would be nice to know how it really should be done.

With egrep -r I can find no reference to a config/hooks.php file being
included to define the hook as per the instructions in conf.xml nor
does it work for me.

  Warning! Using this to generate your IMP config file will overwrite
  any existing hooks that you have defined in imp/config/conf.php. Move
  them to imp/config /hooks.php first.

I also can't find where the resultant generated
$conf['hooks']['vinfo'] = true;

is being referenced nor where the following instructions are being used.

Should we use a custom virtual users hook? If so, make sure you define
_imp_hook_vinfo() in imp/config/hooks.php. The hook will be used to set
$imp['user'] at login time. There are examples in imp/config/hooks.php.dist.

Maybe I'm missing something very simple but I also can't find where
_imp_hook_vinfo is referenced in the source.

Thanks,

ed