[dev] IMP show_attachments... do we still need

Wed, 18 Sep 2002 08:13:01 -0500

Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu>:

> I remember someone (chuck?) saying that it may be better if the
> show_attachments and corresponding column in the summary column should be
> removed.  Is this still a desired change?
>
> michael

I believe Chuck *personally* wants to get rid of it, and believes it
is a performance hit.

But I know a lot of users really like it and want it to stay.  And I know
that I've never noticed any performance difference on my small (1000 - 2000
users) setup.

I suppose I wouldn't really complain if it disappeared, but if I had a vote
I would say to leave it there.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics