[dev] Docs Module (was: Horde Summary Layout options, in HEAD maybe?)

Ryan Gallagher ryan@studiesabroad.com
Sun, 22 Sep 2002 00:48:45 -0500

> Quoting Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu>:
>
> > Interesting idea.  I'll keep that in mind... :)  One of the biggest
> > problems with maintaining the faq list is trying to figure out where an
> > FAQ should go within the FAQ structure...
>
> One of the things that I'd do with a categories-based faq manager is to have
> it store the faq items themselves in a flat db structure, and then you'd
> create sections using the categories code and could assign any faq item to
> any category, potentially multiple times...

I think, especially for FAQs, this is perfectly acceptable.  All FAQ elements
should be relatively _equal_ until the organization layer (categories in this
case) is applied.  Obviously for FAQs, searchable is a must too.  Ideally all
doc types would be both searchable and browseable.

> > Chora/CVS is an upload/download tool, and any XSLT engine (or browser
> > supporting XSLT) could be the viewer... Or maybe I totally misunderstand
> > you..
>
> Chora isn't really an upload tool, at least yet...

Also i'm not positive that the browser can be relied upon as the viewer, I mean
without parsing to XHTML on server side.  In my case (at the office) it could
because of the control we are afforded, but this is not a safe assumption
outside of such controlled environments yet.

--
Ryan T. Gallagher
ryan@studiesabroad.com