[dev] module for horde?

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Sun, 29 Sep 2002 10:22:52 -0400

Quoting Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu>:

> First, we'd need to create a CVS module for the code (java+html+php).
> That means doing the hard job of coming up with a name for it ;)

:) Doesn't _have_ to be too creative. You get first/last choice on this one...

> Second, the code needs clean up, but it does work.

Great.

> Third, the code as stated above will only allow you to connect back to
> the web server (due to Java security -- the client can't connect to
> anything> except the server it downloaded the applet from).  So to allow
> connecting to a different machine, you need to use a "ssh relay" daemon.
> If you want to add that also, then it should probably go into a seperate
> module, no?
> No sense mixing the C code daemon(s) with the html+php+java code.

True, if we do need to provide that ourselves - I know there are programs
available to do that kind of thing, so we may not need to distribute our own.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"People ask me all the time what it will be like living without otters."