[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: hordedoc/userguide global.ent hordedoc/userguide/en/horde bar.xml help.xml login.xml logout.xml options.xml hordedoc/userguide/en/imp-basic compose.xml list.xml message.xml hordedoc/userguide/en/turba ...

Wed, 2 Oct 2002 11:20:05 -0500

> Quoting Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu>:
>
> >   Log:
> >   * Add kludge to provide both png and eps files, so all output formats
> >     work now.  See docs/TODO for details...
>
> Which format did you need the .eps files for?
>
> -chuck

It is basically the screen/print format, but in reality it is tex/latex.

Basically I can't get .png files correctly through tex/latex, as tex/latex
can't find the bounding box.  So the output ps/pdf files, for example, all
have microscopic sized images (think thumbnail size).

By switching to eps files, it now will tex fine, and the postscript is
good.  However, the pdf now has the right size image, but it is fuzzy,
so I think pdf stuff is downsampling the images maybe?

Anyway, I now get valid output for all formats AFAIK, except the pdf is
fuzzy...

Will still be working on this more today...  Any input is appreciated.
I admit I may be way off base here, but what I'm doing seems reasonable
to me, given what I'm seeing as output otherwise.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!