[dev] Re: [sork] Two buglets in vacation 2.1

Wed Oct 9 20:40:10 PDT 2002

Quoting Lars Hecking <lhecking@nmrc.ie>:

> > This is on purpose.  It was removed, by request of the Horde admin people,
> > a while back.  The only apps that are supposed to have logout buttons are
> > apps that have a login function, and the passwd module since changing your
> > password invalidates you login session.
> >
> > So, this is a move to be consistent with the other Horde apps, and seems
> > reasonable.  I have no plans to re-instate the logout button.
>
>  Fair enough. But in my case, vacation is the only horde module that it
>  being used on this particular server. I'm not requiring users to login
>  through horde, they go to vacation directly. In this case, a logout
>  button is appropriate IMHO.

I agree.  And that is why originally I put logout buttons on all the apps
I wrote.  But the Horde group as a whole felt differently.  And I can see
their reasoning.  So, as two (you and me) against the many, and since the
many did have a decent argument, I gave way to the many.

I think at least for now, your only solution is to grab the old logout code
from the older release, and paste it into the new release.

There does seem to be a flaw in the Horde group philosophy here, in that if
you go directly to an app, then there is no way to logout.  (For example, I
often use chora this way).  The only way to fix this would be to add logout
buttons to all Horde apps.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics