[dev] Source-level documentation

Jon Parise jon@horde.org
Mon Oct 21 23:21:55 2002

On Mon, Oct 21, 2002 at 11:21:40AM -0400, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> > Okay.  I'd be more comfortable if you, Jan, and the rest of the crew
> > here could take a few minutes to flip through the Doxygen manual and
> > examples to get an idea of how Doxygen differs from and expands on our
> > existing documentation techniques before we make an official switch.
>
> Can you give a quick summary of any incompatibilities you know of? I really
> don't have too much of a preference about the tool, but I don't want to
> diverge too much from the phpdoc syntax...

There really aren't any incompatibilities.

The @var tags aren't required by Doxygen; it figures our the variable
based on context.

Likewise, @access and @since don't do anything special in Doxygen;
they're just displayed with the rest of the text.

On the other hand, Doxygen supports more advanced page layout and
grouping (similar to @package) tags which may or may not confuse
phpdoc.

All in all, Doxygen has no trouble grokking the JavaDoc style that
phpdoc emulates.

--
Jon Parise (jon@horde.org) :: The Horde Project (http://horde.org/)