[dev] Introduction, questions and future dev plan

Etienne Goyer etienne.goyer@linuxquebec.com
Tue Oct 29 21:09:34 2002

Hi,

We start installing IMP to client a few months ago and it seems that I
became the local IMP/Horde expert.  On request from client, I did a few
modification (gross hack would be a more appropriate term ;).  I mostly
worked on Turba but also a bit on IMP.  Since my modification basically
locked my client in IMP 3.0, I would like to clean them up a bit, submit
them for inclusion and hopefully have them integrated.

Features that I may work on in the near future :

-  In Turba, make some contact sources editable only to certain user
   (probably using hooks).

-  In Turba, make contact with multiple email addresses appear multiple
   time in search result (or find a way to send email to any of his
   email).

-  One of our client use Hylafax with a custom email -> fax gateway.
   He send PDF as attachment to ie 14185551212@fax.domain.com and they
   are passed to the hylafax backend.  He would like to have fax number
   emailable (so they show in turba search result, imp/contacts.php,
   etc).  This is related to the previous point.  Since this is not
   really of general interest, I don't plan to post patch for this
   feature.  I may, however, need a few hooks in turba and IMP for me to
   be able to isolate the required code.  Not investigated yet.

-  Improve performance of turba with very large (2000+ contacts) address
   books.

-  Implement Outlook-style X-Priority header in IMP (postponed by
   client, but may come back in the future).

-  Boolean in advanced search for turba.

Since this is the first project I plan on contributing to, I am a little
unfamiliar with producing and submitting patch.  It seem that patch as
attachment may not get thru so they must be inlined; is that correct ?
What option shall I use with diff to produce my patch ?

This afternoon, before I found out about this list, I posted a patch to
the imp list and a change suggestion to the horde list.  Shall I repost
them here ?

Thanks for your answers and comments.  I really enjoy working with horde
and look forward to contribute in my capacity.

Regards,

http://www.LinuxQuebec.com       etienne.goyer@linuxquebec.com
PGP Pub Key: http://www.LinuxQuebec.com/pubkeys/eg.key
Fingerprint: F569 0394 098A FC70 B572  5D20 3129 3D86 8FD5 C853