[dev] Introduction, questions and future dev plan

Jon Parise jon@horde.org
Tue Oct 29 21:59:35 2002

On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 04:09:34PM -0500, Etienne Goyer wrote:

> Since this is the first project I plan on contributing to, I am a little
> unfamiliar with producing and submitting patch.  It seem that patch as
> attachment may not get thru so they must be inlined; is that correct ?
> What option shall I use with diff to produce my patch ?

Patches can be attached to messages sent to the list if the MIME type
of the patch attachment is marked as "text/plain".  Inline patches are
okay, too, but only if they're very short.  Otherwise, copy-and-pasting
becomes time consuming (and problematic).  It's also sometime useful
to simply post the URL of a patchset.

'diff -uN' is the preferred diff format.

> This afternoon, before I found out about this list, I posted a patch to
> the imp list and a change suggestion to the horde list.  Shall I repost
> them here ?

That's not necessary.  Most of us read those lists, anyway.

> Thanks for your answers and comments.  I really enjoy working with horde
> and look forward to contribute in my capacity.

Great!

--
Jon Parise (jon@horde.org) :: The Horde Project (http://horde.org/)